Be the coach, and help your children to flourish as independent learners
In Part 3 of my self-paced home school course, we’ll talk in depth about your role as a home educating parent
We’ll talk about why playing the role of teacher just gets in the way of you and your children flourishing, and how approaching your role as a coach is far more interesting. We’ll then talk about a simple, powerful coaching framework you can use to help you find your feet in that new relationship between you and your children.
Check out the preview and details below.
When we started our home education journey, we approached it in a typical, school-oriented way
- We assumed our children would need a teacher to learn, and that we, as parents, would play that role.
- We assumed we’d need to follow the same real-world teaching methods used by qualified teachers.
- And we assumed the most effective way forward was to use a set curriculum.
As we went deeper into the home education journey, it became more and more apparent that this was not the best way of doing things. This approach didn’t gel with our lives, it wasn’t conducive to a balanced family life, and our children weren’t really learning anything meaningful to them. To be honest…it was a stressful mess.
So, having spent years figuring out what does work, I now choose to be The Coach.
The difference in our family life then and now is night and day.
In this course we’ll talk about why playing the role of teacher can get in the way of you and your children flourishing. We’ll then look at my simple, powerful coaching framework you can use to help find your feet in that new relationship between you and your children. And, we’ll look at some tangible applications of how we can apply this thinking to our days.
Using a coaching-based approach is simple, and powerful. And for us, it’s meant the difference between a very average home education experience, and really finding our groove. Our children are happier, more fulfilled, and are developing in ways that are genuinely true to who they are.
This course includes:
- Access to the full-length high-quality, 45 minute video
- A PDF Worksheet, which will help you develop a coaching practise that is unique to you and your children
- A complete transcript of the video (PDF) with a list of further reading and listening recommendations
- You’ll also get Stark Membership free for one month. In the membership space you’ll share your journey with other people, ask questions, and get support in the chat and on our friendly Zoom calls.
(Please note: the forum offer is limited to one free month per person)