The Parent’s Guide to Choosing a Life Without School
If you’re one of a growing number of parents who are considering a different path through life with their children, this guide will help.
Life without school?
For reasons you can’t always easily explain, you’re part of a growing movement of parents who are considering a life without school for their children.
This little guide will help you bring those feelings to the surface. It will help you put a finger squarely on why you feel the way you do. And it will help you put words to it all.
What’s in the guide? Here’s the table of contents
- Introduction: Considering a different path
- A different take on childhood
- A different pace of life
- A different social experience
- A different sort of classroom
- A different set of standards
- A different tribe
- Closing thoughts
Why I wrote the guide
Hello! I’m excited you’re here, because it means you’re part of a growing movement of parents who are considering a different path through life with their children.
Maybe you’ve decided your active child won’t be a good fit for the regimented structure of a classroom.
Maybe you feel almost physical pain when you think about dropping your child off every morning.
Maybe you’re worried your child’s creativity will be squashed by a relentless focus on academics.
Maybe you were bullied yourself, and the thought of your sensitive child spending their lunch breaks in a school playground fills you with dread.
Whatever your reason for landing here is, this little guide will help you bring those feelings to the surface. It will help you put a finger squarely on why you feel the way you do. And it will help you put words to it all.
About products & shipping
- Format. Our guides and digital products are supplied as PDFs you can read on any device (though you may need to zoom in a little on a phone).
- Delivery. After placing an order you will receive an email with a link to each guide you ordered. You can use that link 3 times to download the guide.
- Shipping. Digital products do not incur any shipping costs. If you see any shipping charges, they will be for the printed items in your order.
- Colors. While we go to great lengths to ensure the colors of our products are accurate, there may be a little variation. As such there may be minor differences between what you see on screen, and the product that arrives at your home.
- Packaging. Our products are printed and shipped on demand in sturdy, environmentally-friendly packaging.
- Delivery. We use multiple print vendors to get the best quality products. This means items from your order may arrive separately at different times.
- Costs. Are confirmed during the checkout process.
Questions and feedback
If you have any questions, thoughts or feedback on our shop or the products in it, we’d love to hear it. Please drop us a line at [email protected]