Example exemption applications that will help you wave goodbye to school
I’m often asked about the regulations around homeschooling and unschooling, and what steps we’ve had to work through to make sure what we’re doing is above board. From what I’ve seen, registering yourself as a home educating family is drastically different from country to country (and even state to state within countries). But wherever you are, whatever process you need to follow, it can be helpful to see what others have put together.
This free download will give you the complete exemptions I submitted, and had approved, for my three school-aged children.
About the exemption applications
New Zealand required a fairly robust application, so I thought it might be useful to share ours publicly. We submitted a new one for each of our children at the start of 2021, covering their ages and stages at that time: 6, 11, and 13. Our applications were approved quickly, with no revisions needed.
Wherever you live, whatever the specific requirements, I reckon having something like this to refer to is pretty handy.
If you have any questions at all, drop me a line any time: [email protected]
Product & shipping info
- Format. Our guides and digital products are supplied as PDFs you can read on any device (though you may need to zoom in a little on a phone).
- Delivery. After placing an order you will receive an email with a link to each guide you ordered. You can use that link 3 times to download the guide.
- Shipping. Digital products do not incur any shipping costs. If you see any shipping charges, they will be for the printed items in your order.
- Colors. While we go to great lengths to ensure the colors of our products are accurate, there may be a little variation. As such there may be minor differences between what you see on screen, and the product that arrives at your home.
- Packaging. Our products are printed and shipped on demand in sturdy, environmentally-friendly packaging.
- Delivery. We use multiple print vendors to get the best quality products. This means items from your order may arrive separately at different times.
- Costs. Are confirmed during the checkout process.
Ordering through Amazon
If you purchase this book on Amazon, I will receive a small payment (at no additional cost to you). Rest assured I will only ever recommend books I’ve absolutely loved myself, and believe will help you on your home education journey!
Questions and feedback
If you have any questions, thoughts or feedback on our shop or the products in it, we’d love to hear it. Please drop us a line at [email protected]