The Home Schooling Parent’s Comfort Handbook
My favourite posts, curated especially for home schooling and unschooling parents who need a little extra reassurance on their journey.
This guide is a bundle of some of my favourite posts, curated especially for home schooling and unschooling parents who need a little extra reassurance on their journey. A compact little pocketbook you can take with you anywhere, it will be on hand whenever you need a burst of encouragement or confidence.
What’s in the guide? Here’s the table of contents
- Introduction: Hello, I’m so glad you’re here!
- On choosing a path people don’t understand
- On socialisation & weirdness
- On learning, and missing out on the classroom experience
- On feeling qualified to teach
- On your children being OK in the real world
- Keep going, because what you’re doing is important
Why I wrote the guide
If you’re reading this, it probably means you’re part of a growing movement of parents who have decided to take a different educational path through life with their children.
It also probably means you’re often having to ride out waves of doubt.
The road less travelled is always bumpier than the one everyone else is walking. Sometimes it can feel exciting and adventurous. Sometimes it can feel like hard work. Sometimes, it can feel almost impossible.
That’s where this little handbook comes in.
You might be feeling alone and unsupported, or like you’re doing the wrong thing by your child, or that you aren’t qualified to take on the challenge you’ve committed to…whatever it is, know that I’ve chosen the posts I have for this guide because they’re the ones I’ve needed the most in my own home education life journey.
My hope is that they’ll bring you the same kind of comfort they gave me as I wrote them.
About products & shipping
- Format. Our guides and digital products are supplied as PDFs you can read on any device (though you may need to zoom in a little on a phone).
- Delivery. After placing an order you will receive an email with a link to each guide you ordered. You can use that link 3 times to download the guide.
- Shipping. Digital products do not incur any shipping costs. If you see any shipping charges, they will be for the printed items in your order.
- Colors. While we go to great lengths to ensure the colors of our products are accurate, there may be a little variation. As such there may be minor differences between what you see on screen, and the product that arrives at your home.
- Packaging. Our products are printed and shipped on demand in sturdy, environmentally-friendly packaging.
- Delivery. We use multiple print vendors to get the best quality products. This means items from your order may arrive separately at different times.
- Costs. Are confirmed during the checkout process.
Ordering through Amazon
If you purchase this book on Amazon, I will receive a small payment (at no additional cost to you). Rest assured I will only ever recommend books I’ve absolutely loved myself, and believe will help you on your home education journey!
Questions and feedback
If you have any questions, thoughts or feedback on our shop or the products in it, we’d love to hear it. Please drop us a line at [email protected]