Why home schooling?
The ‘why’ is what I’m all about
There are a lot of blogs out there telling you how to homeschool or unschool. They cover the day-to-day practicalities wonderfully. They offer printables, and Pinterest boards, and homeschooling curriculum options…
My blog doesn’t offer any of that – it’s here to encourage, inspire and motivate. To address the why.
Why should you consider unschooling or homeschooling? Why is school not the best option for many kids? Why should you not worry about socialisation, about your ability to teach, or about your kids finding their way in the world? And what will your parent’s think?
I’m writing beautiful guides to support home schooling parents and their families. Take a look>
My goal is to inspire anyone considering this whole alternative education thing, to encourage those who might be struggling on their journey, and to plant a seed for those who haven’t even thought about it yet.
Welcome, and thanks for reading – it’s so awesome that you’re here 🙂 If you’d like to know more about my family’s background and our journey into unschooling, take a look at this post.
To help you on your way, here are a few posts worth checking out as a starting point:
- How will you make sure your homeschooled or unschooled child is socialised?
- Does homeschooling shelter children?
- Busting the two biggest homeschooling myths
On Preparing for the Real World
- How will you make sure your homeschooled or unschooled child is prepared for the real world?
- Are you worried your unschooled kids will turn out weird?
- Are homeschooled children missing out on valuable life experiences?
On Your Child’s Learning
- No school today, kids?
- Are we asking our children to learn too much?
- How will you make sure your homeschooled or unschooled child isn’t falling behind?
- How can you be sure you’re teaching your child to a high enough standard?
- Are homeschooling parents qualified to teach their children?